View the Final Draft
Industry Cluster Summaries & Action Plans
Community Influencer Summaries & Action Plans
- Small Business Development & Entrepreneurship
- Education & Workforce Development
- Recreation, Retail, & Entertainment
- Other: Land Use, Housing, Environment, Transportation
- Appendix A: Acronyms
- Appendix B: Summary Background
- Appendix C: IMPLAN Economic Impact Analysis Summary
- Appendix D: Situational Assessment and Regional SWOT Analysis
- Appendix E: FNSB’s Status as an Alaska Regional Development Organization
- Appendix F: Location Quotient Analysis
- Appendix G: Outreach Materials (flyers, distribution list emails)
- Appendix H: Interior Alaska Economic Summit agenda and meeting summary
- Appendix I: List of Relevant Plans and Background Documents
- Appendix J: Future Ideas
- Appendix K: Comment Tracker
FNSB CEDS Finalization - How to Get Involved
Develop an updated Five-Year FNSB Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). A CEDS is a locally based, regionally driven planning document that guides local government and community action.
WHAT IS A COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY?
What Does a CEDS Include?
Who is leading and guiding the process?
Steering Committee: The FNSB Economic Development Commission will provide feedback on the planning process, spread the word about outreach and provide input on CEDS findings and recommendations.
- Mayor Bryce Ward – Chair
- Mark Billingsley
- Abigail Riggs
- Paul Robinson
- Russell Talvi
- Frank Tomaszewski – Assembly
- Kristan Kelly – Assembly
- Deb Hickok (past member)
- Matt Cooper (past member)
- Mike Meeks (past member)
- Mindy O’Neall (past member)
WE NEED YOUR INPUT!
Sign up for email updates.
Receive emailed updates with important project news.
Tell us what You THink.
Share a comment or question. Email or call our team.
February 22 - 23, 2022: Interior Alaska Economic Summit
The 2022 Interior Alaska Economic Summit brought regional community, business, and industry leaders together to collaborate on economic opportunities as we work towards a stronger, more resilient Interior Alaska economy.
Summer 2021 through Winter 2022: Roundtables and Other Outreach
- Stakeholder roundtables and conversations have also been hosted with the following: Explore Fairbanks Board and Staff; Mining Roundtable; Energy Roundtable; Greater Fairbanks Board of Realtors; Forestry Roundtable; Communications Roundtable; Health Care Roundtable; Research & Innovation Roundtable; Education & Workforce Development Roundtable; City of Fairbanks City Council; City of North Pole City Council; Child Care Roundtable; University of Fairbanks Student Government; small business owners and entrepreneurs
- View the Resources section for slides and notes from the roundtables.
June 19, 2021: Midnight Sun Festival
July 13, 2021: Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Business Luncheon
July 24, 2021: Golden Days Street Fair
July 30 - August 8, 2021: Tanana Valley State Fair
SPRING - FALL 2021
Discover and Listen
Compile and analyze data
WINTER 2021 - SPRING 2022
Draft and Review
Create vision, goals, strategies
Host Economic Summit
Prepare draft CEDS
Finalize and Activate
Adopt the CEDS
Take action on CEDS recommendations
- Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Business Luncheon Presentation, June 21, 2022
- FNSB Borough Staff Roundtable, February 24, 2022
- Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks (Student Government) Presentation, February 16, 2022
- Child Care Roundtable, February 11, 2022
- City of North Pole Work Session, February 7, 2022
- City of Fairbanks City Council Presentation, January 31, 2022
- Education and Workforce Development Roundtable, January 27, 2022
- Research and Innovation Roundtable, January 25, 2022
- Health Care Roundtable, January 11, 2022
- Communications Roundtable, January 6, 2022
- Forestry Roundtable, December 1, 2021
- Greater Fairbanks Board of Realtors General Membership Meeting Presentation, September 15, 2021
- Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Virtual Presentation, July 13, 2021
- Agriculture Roundtable, June 22, 2021
- Energy Roundtable, June 18, 2021
- Explore Fairbanks Presentation and Discussion with Board and Staff, April 21, 2021
- FNSB CEDS: Comment Deadline this Friday (June 10)! (6/8/22)
- FNSB CEDS – 2 weeks left to review the draft! (5/26/22)
- It’s Here! Draft FNSB CEDS ready for you! (5/6/22)
- Interior Alaska Economic Summit, Feb. 22-23, 2022 Results (3/9/22)
- Interior Alaska Economic Summit: Next Week! Read On For Details… (2/18/22)
- Interior Alaska Economic Summit, Feb. 22-23, 2022 – Check out the Preliminary At-a-Glance Agenda (1/21/22)
- Save the Date: Interior Alaska Economic Summit, Feb. 22-23, 2022 (12/22/21)