Develop an updated Five-Year FNSB Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS). A CEDS is a locally based, regionally driven planning document that guides local government and community action.
WHAT IS A COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY?
What Does a CEDS Include?
How Can We Grow and Sustain Our Economy?
The CEDS will look at key components of the FNSB economy such as:
Key sectors that drive the FNSB economy
- Education & Research
- Natural Resources (Agriculture, Forestry, Mining, etc.)
Supportive foundations that are needed to grow and flourish
- Housing and Land Use
- Quality of Life
- Workforce Development
Who is leading and guiding the process?
Steering Committee: The FNSB Economic Development Commission will provide feedback on the planning process, spread the word about outreach and provide input on CEDS findings and recommendations.
- Mayor Bryce Ward – Chair
- Mike Meeks
- Abigail Riggs
- Paul Robinson
- Russell Talvi
- Frank Tomaszewski – Assembly
- Matt Cooper – Assembly
WE NEED YOUR INPUT!
Sign up for email updates.
Receive emailed updates with important project news.
Tell us what You THink.
Share a comment or question. Email or call our team.
June 19: Midnight Sun Festival
July 13: Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Business Luncheon
July 24: Golden Days Street Fair
July 30 - August 8 Tanana Valley State Fair
More Opportunities will be posted Soon!
SPRING - FALL 2021
Discover and Listen
Compile and analyze data
Draft and Review
Create vision, goals, strategies
Host Economic Summit
Prepare draft CEDS
Finalize and Activate
Adopt the CEDS
Take action on CEDS recommendations
- Explore Fairbanks Presentation and Discussion with Board and Staff, April 21, 2021
- FEDCo Energy Roundtable, June 18, 2021
- New! FEDCo Agriculture Roundtable, June 22, 2021
- Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce Virtual Presentation, July 13, 2021
- Greater Fairbanks Board of Realtors General Membership Meeting Presentation, September 15, 2021
- Coming soon